October 12, 2016
- COUNTY is now available for all ATUS samples.
August 16, 2016
- A Questionnaire Text tab has been added for many variables. It shows the exact wording of questions for each year the variable is available. For example: GENHEALTH is comparable across years and the question wording is identical even though the question was asked as part of different modules.
July 14, 2016
- Posted 2014 Eating and Health Module data.
- Posted 2015 ATUS Data and new versions of all previously available data.
- POVERTY130 and POVERTY185 codes have changed to accommodate the 2014 Eating and Health Module data. Changes to the data are as follows: 1) values previously coded as 1 are now coded as 10; 2) values previously coded as 2 are now coded as 20; 3) codes 11 and 12 are new and are only available for 2014.
- EDUCYRS codes have been modified to accommodate differences over time (see comparability for the timing and nature of changes).
April 18, 2016
- Information about the individuals to whom ATUS respondents provided care is now available outside of the extract system.
Added Eldercare Data Files.
February 8, 2016
- CPSIDP is now available and may be used to link ATUS records (including respondents, non-respondents, and household members) to their observations in IPUMS-CPS. Users should note that a small number of individuals will not link to CPS; these are people who entered the household after the final CPS interview.
- A limited number of secondary eating and drinking start and stop time values have changed due to rounding. Specifically, this happened for activities where the start or stop time was on the half minute.
December 21, 2015
- HRHHID2_CPS8 has been constructed for cases in 2003 and 2004 for which it was not previously available.
July 16, 2015
- METVALUE has been added to the ATUS-X for all years of data.
July 15, 2015
- IND_CPS8 codes were changed from 0 to 99999 in 2010-2013.
July 14, 2015
- In 2013 RACE was incorrectly coded for about 100 cases.
December 8, 2014
- Small changes produced by rounding in editing rules for variables used in the secondary eating and drinking filter to create your own time use variables.
- Small changes produced by rounding in editing rules for weights: WT06, BWT, EHWT.
- Values for 2005 WT04 have been corrected.
- Some cases have been corrected for HOURWAGE_CPS8. Difference between the previous and the new value is only one unit.
- For 2006, 2 cases have been corrected from 99 to 98 for SPEMPSTAT.
- For 2012, 66 cases in RACE have been corrected. Additionally, 4 cases for SPRACE have been corrected.
- In BMI values 9998 and 9999 changed to 998 and 999, respectively.
- In 2011-2013, SPUSUALHRS codes for "Hours vary" were inadvertently being assigned to "NIU" and "NIU" codes were inadvertently being assigned to "Hours vary"; this has been fixed.
- Users may now include in their extracts pre-defined time use variables that parallel the definitions ERS uses in their publications.
- METAREA , METRO , MSASIZE are now available for 2011-2013.
- Information about eldercare providers is now available for 2011-2013.
- Additional leave module variables are now available.
August 27, 2014
- Posted 2013 Well-Being Module data.
July 15, 2014
- Posted 2013 ATUS data and 2012 Well-Being Module data.
- The BLS released a correction to the activity-level well-being weight and replicate weights on May 21, 2014 that has been incorporated into ATUS-X.
October 22, 2013
- Corrected 2003 RACE codes.
July 15, 2013
- Posted 2012 ATUS data, 2011 Leave Module data, and new versions of all previously available data.
July 12, 2012
- Posted 2011 ATUS Data and new versions of all previously available data.
- Users should note changes in occupation codes with the introduction of the 2010 occupational classification system OCC.
July 22, 2011
- Posted 2010 ATUS data and new versions of all previously available data.
- 2010 introduced new categories of people an ATUS respondent could report being with during an activity as a result of a change that allowed users to report who they were with while they were working. More information about these changes is available in RELATEW.
- The BLS released a correction on June 22, 2011 that has been incorporated into ATUS-X for original variable TRERNWA, ATUS-X variable EARNWEEK. Overtime earnings were omitted from about 170 cases according to the BLS.
Added Variables .