2019 PAA Time Use Workshop
Wednesday, April 10, 8:00am - 12:00pm, Room 201, JW Marriott, Austin, TX
The IPUMS Time Use Data and Studying Health & Well-being workshop will be using ATUS and MTUS data to investigate health and well-being. In this workshop, attendees will:
- Learn about the breadth and depth of data available through IPUMS Time Use and how to assess appropriateness of ATUS, AHTUS, and MTUS data for specific demographic research topics.
- Learn about research using IPUMS Time Use to analyze health and well-being.
- Learn about the IPUMS Time Use web-based extract system.
- Get hands-on experience using IPUMS Time Use to create custom extracts that include linked respondent and household data and custom time use variables.
- Consult with IPUMS Time Use workshop presenters on specific research topics.
- Dr. Liana C. Sayer. Professor of Sociology, Faculty Affiliate of the Maryland Population Research Center, and Director, Maryland Time Use Laboratory, at the University of Maryland
- Dr. Sarah Flood. Director of US Surveys at IPUMS at the University of Minnesota.