Codes and Frequencies
NOSCCRSN1 reports the reason that the respondent did not report any secondary childcare activities for their own household children.
Respondents who have a child of their own in the household under the age of 13 but report no secondary childcare for that child(ren) are asked why they did not perform any secondary childcare, which is reported in NOSCCRSN1. Respondents with non-own, household children under the age of 13 who report no secondary childcare for those children are also asked the reason they did not perform secondary childcare (see NOSCCRSN2).
After completing the time diary, respondents with own, household children under the age of 13 were asked what times of the day those children were in the respondent's care. Users can apply a secondary child care filter in the extract builder when creating time use variables. Distinctions are available for the following groups:
- All children
- Household or own non-household children
- Own household children (not available for 2003)
- Own, non-household children (not available for 2003)
- Non-own household children (not available for 2003)
- Non-own, non-household children
Secondary childcare time total variables are also available for all children (see SCC_ALL), for household or own non-household children (see SCC_HHNHHOWN), for own household children (see SCC_OWNHH, not available for 2003), for own, non-household children (see SCC_OWNNHH, not available for 2003), for non-own household children (see SCC_NOWNHH, not available for 2003), for own children (see SCC_OWN, not available for 2003), for household children (see SCC_HH, not available for 2003), and for non-own, non-household children (see SCC_NOWNNHH).
- ATUS respondents with own household children under the age of 13 who reported no time in secondary care of those children during the diary day.