Now I'd like to find out how you spent your time yesterday, [yesterday's day and date], from 4:00 in the morning until 4:00 AM this morning. I'll need to know where you were and who else was with you. If an activity is too personal, there's no need to mention it.
The following variables are included in the diary grid:
So let's begin. Yesterday, [previous weekday] at 4:00 AM, what were you doing? /What did you do next?
*Use the slash key (/) for recording separate/simultaneous activities. (If the DP reports an activity with no associated precode, the interviewer can type the activity directly onto the blank activity line.)TIME
2. Grooming (self)
3. Watching TV
4. Working at main job
5. Working at other job
6. Preparing meals or snacks
7. Eating and drinking
8. Cleaning kitchen
10. Grocery shopping
11. Attending religious service
12. Paying household bills
30. Don't know/ Can't remember
31. Refusal/ None of your business [Go to TIME]
Universe: ACTIVITY = valid response
How long did you spend [ACTIVITY]?
1. Enter duration (hours, minutes) [Go to HOURDUR]
2. Enter stop time [Go to STOPTIME]